Home

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Papa, Mimi and lots of birthdays

My parents came for a visit last week!!  My mom was THE biggest help with me going back to work and having some long days.  She stayed with us for 10 days and it was the best feeling, leaving the kids home with her and knowing they were having so much fun while I was at teacher in-service.  Finely definitely is not used to being away from me that much so by the evening time, she was wanting me to hold her...all night long. :)
My dad came for a long weekend and we definitely kept them busy.  Papa did lots of playing, whether it was coloring with Finley, playing with water guns outside with the kids, reading with Cole, the kids definitely kept them busy.  

Mimi and Cole even made playdough...in every color!!!  He loved helping Mimi!
"Cheese"


Of course we had to take several trips to Starbucks.  For some reason Cole knows when Mimi is in town that he gets to have his special chocolate milk treat.  I'm pretty sure they went there almost eveyday, ha!
The last couple weekends, we've had so many birthday parties!  Since my parents were in town, I just ran over with Cole to his friend Carter's party.  They had it at Coo Coo's and it was the coolest place!  He had so much fun.
Later that evening, we got a babysitter and Nick and I took my parents out to a nice dinner to celebrate my mom's birthday.  It was such a yummy dinner and nice to be able to sit and chat and not have to worry about whiney kiddos :)

Here is our crew at Zachary's party that same weekend.
Even though my dad was around for just the weekend, he and my mom were such big helps with getting our house packed up!  My mom had asked if she had any projects I wanted her to do while she was here and kind of jokingly I said, "yeah, pack up our house, why don't you!".  Well....she did!  Again, I'm not real sure how she gets everything done in the day.  She had packed up the house, made dinners, cleaned the house and still managed to entertain the kids.  Pretty sure just getting a couple loads of laundry done when I'm home is progress! :)
We were definitely sad to have my parents leave, but I'm sure they were ready to get home.  We are so grateful for all they did while they were here and we can't wait to see them again...hopefully next month or in October.

Last weekend we went to James' 1st birthday party.  I can't believe Finley's boyfriend is already a year old.  He definitely did not disappoint in the cake-eating!  That boy went to town!

Pretty sure Finley was watching James put that cupcake down...she was in awe!

Cole loved the frosting...he just licked it all off :)


Monday was my first official day of school.  Since it was the first day of school, I had to be there pretty early so Nick was nice enough to take the kids to Miss Sheryl's house for me.  I was a little nervous about them being at a new child care but I know they had fun.  The reason I know this is because this....Sheryl sent me pictures throughout the day, this one cracked me up.  Cole was having his computer time and she said Finley kept turning his monitor off.  She's so naughty! 
The other reason I know they had fun was when I went to pick them up, both of them cried when we left.  Then, when I put them in their car seats and looked back at them on the drive home, they both looked at me with looks of disgust. :)  Sorry children, that you have to spend the rest of the day with your mother!!!  Good grief! :)  But, I'd much rather them love it there instead of them running to the car to get out of there.  They were both very excited to go this morning again...it's just so funny, Finley still cries a little bit when we drop her at the church nursery but had absolutely no tears at Sheryl's house who she doesn't really even know.  Funny how that works.
I'm just so happy that everything worked out and the kids are happy, that's all that matters.  Hopefully we have a smooth week ahead of us.  Nick had to attend our pre-construction meeting this morning without me so hopefully that all went ok.  After this meeting they will soon be ready to break ground, yay!!

No comments: