Home

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Oktoberfest, golf and adult school

 We have officially made it through a week and a half of being "homeless".  Obviously I'm kidding, but it has been such a great transition.  Tracy has been so accommodating and helpful with the kids, we definitely appreciate all they have done for us!  Of course we are getting anxious for our house to progress but for being in between housing, we really have it pretty good.  Speaking of our house, they started the frame this week so it will be fun to see the transition now.
We've been staying pretty busy lately, last weekend we met some of our Life Group peeps for dinner then went to a relationship seminar at church on Friday night.  I know, we are party animals on a Friday night!  It was a pretty good seminar but it was a late night for the kids...but they survived AND slept in the next morning.

 Saturday we took the kids to Oktoberfest.  It was a little hot but we still had a great time.  Beau, Grayson and Earlene joined us and it was so great to see them.  Mama Stacey was out of town doing some spa stuff...pshhhhh, I'd way rather spend a hot afternoon with crazy kids than having my feet up getting pampered (sarcasm).  Missed having you there Stacey!
They have this fun kids concert area and the kids had a great time listening to music, watching magic shows and dancing.
Precious!

Cole, Beau and Grayson
 Saturday night we got a sitter (hallelujah!) and joined some friends at Top Golf.  This is the coolest place and so fun!  It is also the perfect place, in my opinion, for dates.  It involves sports, cocktails, chatting and music.  Everyone's happy, right!?!
Jen posing in between shot

Is this even proper golf attire?
We had so much fun with great friends and can't wait to go back!

The rest of the weekend was spent driving to and from church (twice), having Life group and relaxing.  Nick has been super busy with work so we are trying to just relax a bit on the weekends.  
I have also decided to go back to school.  I know I'm crazy.  I figure that while I'm working part time, now would be a good time.  When the kids start school, I would like to return to work full time so that gives me about 4 years.  I've always wanted to get my Master's and I always regretted not getting it before we had kids so I think this is the second best time.  I'm getting everything situated to turn in but with not having done this in over 12 years, it's all a little foreign to me.  I'm hoping to get everything turned in and accepted so I can start in the Spring semester.  I have two options I'm going to pursue.  I'll either do the 36 hour Masters of Education for School counseling or the 52 hour Masters of Counseling.  Nick kind of feels like I should just go all out at do the longer one so that I'll have more options when I'm done.  I do want to still be in the school system but if I eventually wanted to be in a private practice or some other institution, I could.
It's all a little scary, juggling a family, work and school but I just feel this is the best time.  Oh, and if I do start in the spring semester, it will be right when we move into the new house.  Awesome timing, eh?!? :) THEN, as soon as I'm done, I'm pretty sure Nick is going to need to get his MBA.  So pretty much, we won't see much of each other for the next 4 years.  Booo!!!!
That's all for the latest updates!!

No comments: