Home

Monday, August 4, 2008

This kid is already being a brat! ha!!

If this kid of ours is showing us what it's going to be like in time to come...we are in trouble!! Had a little bit of a rough weekend and the cause of that, my doctor has now decided that I can't go to YoungLives camp. UGH!!!!
I woke up in the middle of the night on Saturday with horrible cramping and felt like my kidney was about to explode, probably the worse pain I've ever had in my life. With that said, Nick took me to the ER and found that I had an acute kidney infection and was severely dehydrated. Basically the cause of the kidney infection was because I was so dehydrated and I'm blaming the dehydration on this dang 107 degree weather we are having...that's my story and I'm stickin to it!
The doctor said they probably should have admitted me to the hospital for a day or two, but I responded well to the medicine and promised I'd stay hydrated. All I know is that whatever the nurse gave me in my IV was the best thing in the whole world, it pretty much knocked me our for several hours, letting me get a few hours of sleep. I'm feeling a ton better, not 100%, but anything is better than how I felt Saturday!
The real bad news to the story is that I had to go into my OB today and tell him what happened over the weekend and without any hesitation, he said..."nope, you aren't going to camp, sorry". I was supposed to be leaving Wednesday morning for YoungLives camp for a week with our girls and I was so looking forward to it!! It was in upstate New York and I think the thing I was most excited about was that the high temperature is going to be 79!!! Oh, I couldn't wait to get out of this heat....but no, now I'm stuck in Dallas. The doctor said if camp would have been a week later it wouldn't have been an issue, but he still wants to run a couple more tests and keep an eye on me over the next few days.
The good thing that came out of it was that they made me get a sonogram and we actually got to see something that resembled a human being. Our last sonogram just looked like a blob, but now you can
actually see limbs, head, spine, etc.

Here is one of the pictures. The lady doing the sonogram was laughing b/c she said the baby had it's face smooshed on the bottom of the uterus with it's butt up in the air. She also said that she may have been able to tell the sex, but it's legs were crossed and tucked up into its body. Hopefully in 6 weeks at our next sonogram it isn't doing the same thing.
So I guess the most important thing is that baby is fine and I have to keep reminding myself that it's not just about me anymore....:0)

1 comment:

Joe, Jenn, Nathan, and William said...

i'm glad it was your kidney. :) i love your sonogram! get that baby to flip over and open up so you can find out what it is in six weeks!