Home

Friday, June 5, 2009

1st Haircut and Grammy

At 4 months old, Cole has already had his first haircut.


My mom has been here all week, taking care of Cole and we decided that he needed to have a little hair trim, so my mom did a little clean-up and it turned out pretty good. I was a little hesitant to cut off his hair because it's so dang cute, but there were some really long hairs that needed tending to.
It has been absolutely wonderful having my mom here this week. We decided to have her come the last week of school because it has been absolutely crazy. Since I am the senior sponsor at school, I have so much going on for graduation stuff. Last Friday we went to Six Flags for the day, then senior pinning, graduation, etc. I've had to be gone several nights, leaving my mom and Nick to put him to bed. Yeah, Cole's not a big fan of the bottle when going to bed, so there was quite a bit of screaming going on those nights. He's just so used to his momma putting him to bed. However, we are starting to see some bad habits forming and that's why we are starting this "sleep training" thing. Basically Cole needs to learn how to self-soothe and then hopefully he'll stay asleep longer. We'll keep you posted on how it turns out.
My friend Sarita told me about this book called Sleepeasy Solution and it is such an awesome book, I highly recommend it if anyone out there is having sleep issues with their child.
Anyway....my mom leaves tomorrow and we are really going to miss her. She has been such a life saver. It's amazing how when I was staying home with Cole, I really managed to get hardly anything done during the day, but when she's home with him, she does all the laundry, cleaning and cooking....amazing! I guess it's years of experience.

No comments: