Home

Sunday, March 11, 2012

10 Months

Finley Marie.....you are 10 months old today!!!
In 2 short months we will be celebrating your 1st birthday, I can't believe it!
**She is sporting her Baylor gear because we are so proud of Baylor the last couple days!! The women's basketball is the Big 12 Champs and the men's basketball made it to the championship but just fell short. I just think it's so funny that the beginning of the school year, Baylor was pretty much homeless when the Big 12 was kind of falling apart. Now, we have #1 ranked women's basketball, #11 ranked men's bball, a heisman trophy winner and an overall football program that did so much better this year. Boom!!!!
Ok, back to Finley :)
You have done so many new things this past month, what a fun month!!
Not sure of your weight or height. I would take a guess around 21lbs. You are very true to size, which is a very new concept to us because Cole was wearing 24 month stuff at this point.
You wear 12 month clothes still and are now in a size 4 diaper
The past couple weeks you have not been sleeping as well. You have been waking around 3am and the paci just isn't cutting it at that point. You act so hungry so I feed you. I feel like I'm losing a bit of my "supply" so after we get back from Hawaii I may start to partially wean you. I'm ready and you are definitely starting to lose interest so I think it's about time. I'll still keep the morning and night feedings but will probably do formula during the day.
You go to bed between 7:30 and 8:00pm and are always up for the day around 7:00am.
You are still on 2 naps a day. I try to do 10am and 2pm but the days that Cole is home with us, I try to do 9:30am and 1:30 so that you and Cole nap around the same time in the afternoon.
Like I said, this was a big month for you!! Seriously, within one week you started crawling (no more army crawling), pulling up on furniture and cruising around the furniture. You have even gotten so good at getting back down to your bottom when you do stand up. I remember when Cole was this age, we'd have to go help him get back down in the middle of the night because it took him longer to figure out how to sit back down. Maybe because he had about 8lbs on you at this point, ha!
You are also clapping, waving bye-bye, and playing peek-a-boo.
You like to scratch people with those crazy sharp nails :( If I'm not paying attention you will claw my face off....ouch!!
You are sort of becoming a better eater. You now tolerate baby food and still love feeding yourself table foods. I am starting to venture out and giving you more and more foods. You even had your first taste of ice cream yesterday....just a couple bites because when you were little you were very sensitive to dairy so I didn't want to push anything. You loved it!
Sometimes you are still a stinker to try to feed. If you don't want anymore of the baby food, you will take your hand and karate chop the spoon away, sending the food flying in every direction so we have to be very watchful of that :)
We are definitely starting to get a glimpse of the girl drama and sensitivity that come along with girls. I had to say "no no" to you for the first time the other day and to say you got your feelings hurt would be an understatement. Sheesh!
(She looks thrilled in this picture huh?)
You have your 2 bottom teeth and your top teeth are almost peeking through. I know they are bothering you because you have been pretty fussy the last couple days and those top gums are so swollen.
You are annoying your brother more than ever. You are constantly chasing him and he is constantly running away from you, ha!
You will experience your first looooooong plane ride this month and we are praying that goes smoothly. Can't wait to see how you like the beach and ocean, should be a blast!

Finley, we love you more than words and we just absolutely love this age. You have been so fun and seeing all these new things you are doing is such a joy!

No comments: