Thursday, July 12, 2012

House showing

 Honestly, I feel like we are a homeless bunch these days :)  Living out of my car is what we've been doing the last 2 weeks.  I love my car, but I'm super sick of seeing the inside of it!! :)
Our house has been on the market for 2 weeks now and even though we got off to a slow start (holiday week), we are definitely making up for it now!  On average, we've been having 2-3 showings a DAY.  Crazy right!  I mean, we are so ecstatic that we've had all the activity and several of the showings have been extremely interested, so I really truly hate to complain.  BUT, I really didn't think it would be this annoying interesting.  I keep telling everyone, it would be way easier if we didn't have the dogs to worry about because it would be so much easier if we could just go hang out at the gym, park, mall, grocery store during showings (my refrigerator and pantry have never been so pathetic) but then I would have nothing to do with the dogs.  The dogs have been loving it though!  They love nothing more than going in the car and being with us so to them this is perfect.  

Monday morning, we all woke up around 7:15, hung out in bed till about 7:45 when I got a call from the scheduling agency, saying we had a showing at 8:00am!  On a Monday!!  We've been pretty lucky till this point where they've given us a couple hours notice but I'm sure you can imagine my surprise when I only had 10 minutes to get out of the house.  And we had swimming lessons at 9:00am so I had to get everyone ready for that too.  
Not sure how I did it, but I got the house picked up and everyone out of the house.  Both kids were without clothes at this point so we drove down the street and I then put their clothes back on.  Whew!  We made a stop at McDonalds to get the kids some breakfast and I have never seen a kid put down pancakes as fast as he did.

Later that same day, we had another showing but for some reason I had to let them in.  They were late and Cole fell asleep so I just put him in bed and they could look through his room while he slept.  The dogs, Finley and I hung out in the car outside and Finley thought it was pretty cool to sit in the front seat!

So this has pretty much been our life the last week or so.  There was even one day where there was a miscommunication, the people showed up late, Cole really had to go to the bathroom but we didn't have time to go back inside so Cole was definitely peeing on our bush as the people drove up to the house.  Not sure why they didn't come back for a second showing...hmmmmm.
And there has been lots of this too....poor kids have had naps interrupted like crazy!
We've also been fortunate enough to have Pete and Katie offer up their house to us during the day.  They both work and they just live down the street and the kids love it there so I just let the dogs hang out in their backyard and we have somewhere else besides my car to hang out in.  They have been so generous and we definitely appreciate it!!!  The first day going to their house, I'll just say we had an incident with their alarm and the Frisco police showing up...always a good time! :)

Again, it's so hard for me to complain because things have just been so great besides the living in the car thing.  We decided where we are building our next house, put money down and get to start picking out all the fun stuff pretty soon.  We have 3 months to get our house sold once we sign our contract with the new house so everyone say some prayers it happens soon!

Outside all the house stuff, little Miss Finley has been quite the little pistol lately.  Her new fun thing to do is stand on all the furniture and she is obsessed with the dogs and their dog dishes lately.  The other day she found her little puppy beanie baby and thought it needed some food/water.

AND....this one is totally random, but Cole's cousin Cameron asked for more videos of Cole so here you go Cameron.  Cole misses you!!

Last, in other big news around our household (we sure like change in the family, haha!).  I am returning to work in the fall to my old position.  It's still the part time, everyday just mornings and we found a new sitter (our old sitter Ms. Jen referred us to her) that is super close to the high school AND, Cole will also continue going to Stonebriar MDO.  It couldn't have worked out more perfect and I'm so excited!  I am a little nervous because I will have two new classes that I've never taught.....Business Law and Global Management/Marketing.  I still get to teach my MS Office class but starting from scratch with the other classes will be interesting.  I met with my principal yesterday and everything is all set.
This is definitely a bittersweet deal, I am so excited to get back to work and be around adults/teenagers but I also hate leaving the kids.  I'm afraid Finley's world is going to be rocked at first because all she knows is staying home with mom.  I know kids are resilient but it will probably take a few weeks for her to get adjusted.  Again, she will only be at the sitters from 7:30-11:45 every day so it's not bad at all.  It will be good for her to have some socialization.
So lots of new and good changes in our lives and hopefully we can just enjoy the rest of the summer :) 

No comments: