Home

Monday, November 26, 2012

Football...oh yeah, and Thanksgiving

 It was so nice having a whole week off of school, I definitely needed a break!  We stayed in Dallas for Thanksgiving this year and did a lot of fun things!  One of the days, I took the kids to the sitter and Tracy, Emily and I spent the day shopping.  It was so fun and even though I didn't get many Christmas gifts, I still found some great things....for me, ha! :)

On Thursday, Blake and Emily and Nick and I had tickets to the Cowboys game.  I have never been to the new stadium and to say it is ridiculously large is an understatement.  We had so much fun though!  We had rockstar parking and seats! 
 Auntie Em and Finley getting some snuggles in before we left for the game
 Of course we are all Baylor grads so we are huge RG3 fans but Emily and I decided to cheer for the Redskins since neither of us are Cowboys fans...RG3 rocked it by the way!!!

 
Nick, Blake and Emily
Go RG3!!!!

Friday afternoon, Blake and Emily hosted their after-Thanksgiving feast and it was so great to see Blake's family and other friends.  Blake made some super good food and we enjoyed sitting on their new patio enjoying a fire.  

Saturday we were up super early for the Baylor/Tech game.  Pretty exciting that I've never been to the Cowboys stadium and I get to go twice in three days.  We met up with a bunch of our friends and had an awesome tailgating spot and hung out for several hours before the game started.   It was such a nice treat to be able to spend the day with friends and watch our alma mater and know the kiddos were in good hands!  Thanks Granddad and Gigi for watching our kids!!
 For some reason we had a couple pesky bees hanging out at our tailgate and I was pretty determined to kill one....with a knife!?!

Jessica, Emily and Blake
Love this guy!!!

The game was amazing!!!  The first quarter wasn't looking too promising for our Bears but we ended up winning in OT and there is nothing better than beating a team when you have super annoying Tech fans sitting behind you, bashing your school!!  Sic em Bears!!!

It was such a great week and kinda sad to have to return to work but 4 weeks and we have Christmas break!!  AND, we will be closing on our house next month too, woohoo!!!
Lots of exciting things coming up this next month!

No comments: