Home

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Birthdays, Christmas lights and family

With this past weekend being my birthday weekend, we got to do a lot of fun things! Friday night we just hung out at home and played with Cole. I'm always so exhausted on Friday's so being at home was fine with me! We gave Cole a bath and took a few pictures...we had to get a few shots in before he started screaming because we torture him and make him wear clothes to bed. Sheesh, what mean parents we are!
This is a shot AFTER we got him dressed and was in a better mood.
Saturday, I wanted to do a little bit of shopping. My parents gave me $$ for my birthday and I have not been shopping for myself in several months mainly because Nick and I are doing the Dave Ramsey stuff and sometimes that fun stuff just doesn't fit into our new budget. Anyhow...I think my family new I'd been itching to do some shopping so I really appreciated the money and gift cards!!! We wanted to go shopping after Cole took his mid-morning nap....and as you can see, he decided to take his nap on me! :) ha! I didn't care, Nick and I watched a movie while he napped, and that was nice because we don't get to watch a lot of movies these days.
We headed out and did some shopping, ate lunch together, watched Cole flirt with a little girl and then we headed home so Cole could take his afternoon nap before we headed out for dinner with Nick's family.
Here I am with my birthday nachos :) Actually, Dennis really wanted these and even though I was completely stuffed from dinner, we humored him and got them anyway...ha!
Here is Grandma Tracy playing with Cole during dinner. It was kind of nice because usually when we go out to dinner, I have a hard time "enjoying" the meal because I'm having to tend to my son, but I sat on the opposite side of the table and Tracy and Emily pretty much watched him during dinner and I was able to just sit and enjoy my meal.
After dinner, we decided to walk around for a bit because Frisco Square was having their big tree lighting event and there were tons of people and fun things going on. Frisco Square has an amazing light show during the holidays so those were fun to see. We didn't stay out too long because it was COLD!!!

Sunday we went to Nick's parents house and watched football, ate chili and most of all, we went because Nick's family dog, Sterling, is not doing too well and is probably going to be put down this week so we wanted to make sure Benson and Roxy could see Sterling and play with him one last time....sniff sniff!! He's such a sweet dog and will be missed so much! He and Benson were buddies since Benson was a puppy, so I'm sure Benson will miss him!
Here is a picture we took of Cole with Sterling so that Cole can see who he is when he's older.Here is a video of Cole playing with his new music table that Grandma and Granddad got him. He absolutely loves it and has been "dancing" like crazy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so darn cute! Silas has that same table and still loves it! Glad you had a good weekend!

andersons2002 said...

Cute family picture!!!!

Rachel Volk said...

Poor little Sterling. So sad. :-(

Anonymous said...

I like my high-waters in the background of the video... hot.