Home

Monday, December 14, 2009

Rough couple of weeks

As much as I love winter, the cold air, snow (well, not so much in Texas), warm drinks, fire places....this cold air has been rough on all of us! I feel like I've been battling a cold for a month now and poor Cole has been dealing with the same. Cole has been sneezing, coughing, runny nose and a super chapped face. He just has not been his normal happy self and it's so sad to see. Plus, he's getting one of his top fangs (not sure what that tooth is ACTUALLY called) so he's been drooling, cranky and really clingy with his momma, which I love but can get tiring after awhile. Plus, it hurts Nick's feelings :(

I'm ready for our bubbly, loud and social baby to be back to his normal self, so I can't believe I'm about to say this...but I'm ready for warm weather!!
Another interesting thing that has happend to us this past weekend....our son has all of a sudden decided that he doesn't want baby food. At first I thought it was the whole teething thing and he just wasn't in the mood to eat, but after many attempts and food being flung across the room, we just gave him table food and he ate that fine. Last night I made a chicken, potatoes, green bean dish and he ate everything with us. He loved it! Since I've never done this whole parenting thing before, I really didn't know when babies stop eating baby food. I assumed that since he's only getting his 3rd tooth, that he wouldn't be quite ready. I guess they let you know what they are ready for.

I'm about to order Cole's 1st birthday party invites.....I can't believe it's almost been a year! We haven't thrown too many birthday parties in our day, so I'm starting to realize all that goes into it. I think after his 1st birthday, I may hire a party planner for the rest of his parties...ha! Good thing I'm a boy mom, b/c if I had a daughter, she would thoroughly be disappointed in my decorating abilities. :)

How's this for a cute face!?!
Poor little Max (Tracy's dog) is now an only child.....Sterling went to doggie heaven last week. It will be sad not having Sterling around and as Tracy said tonight..."who's going to clean Max's face now?".....we nominated Dennis (father in law)...ha! :)

No comments: