Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Wisconsin Trip

 Yes, once again we were out of town this past weekend.  Don't worry, Nick and I only have one more trip coming up then we are done traveling for awhile!  Whew!
Our family of four and Auntie Em flew out last Thursday and headed to Minneapolis.  We went for Nick's cousin's graduation and to see family.

Auntie Em and Finley hanging out at the airport before take off
 The flight there was great.  Finley did fuss for a few minutes at the beginning because she was tired but quickly fell asleep.
 Once we got to the airport, we had to drive a couple hours to Rice Lake, WI.  Of course after being in an airplane for 2 hours, then being in the car for 2 hours, it can get a little long for kiddos.  So, we took lots of silly pictures and tried to be as entertaining as possible. :)
 But FINALLY, the kiddos fell asleep and it was bliss :)

 Sorry if you are getting tired of the self portraits of me and my kids but again, we were bored and had to do something to keep ourselves busy.

After we arrived, we just hung out the rest of the day and played around Uncle Don and Aunt Mary's house.  There were so many fun things to play with at their house!
 Finley was very interested in Alex (the graduate).  I think she would have given him a big smack on the lips if she could have :)
 Stephanie was so sweet to both kids.  Even though we have a Wii at our house, Cole and Finley were much more interested in playing their Wii. 
 Friday we all helped get ready for Alex's graduation party.  They had a ton of people attend the party and it was great seeing everyone.
Finley and Gigi had matching outfits for the party :)
 Saturday morning started off exciting!  We had been sleeping in Don and Mary's basement while we were there and all of a sudden at 6:45am the carbon monoxide/gas alarm went off.  Of course we thought it was just needing new batteries or was faulty because it was so random.  Nick went up to Don and Mary's bedroom and asked Don and after checking things out for awhile and realizing it wasn't faulty, we got everyone out of the house and called someone to come check it out.  It was a very early morning for everyone and instead of just waiting outside we decided to head over to Gigi and Granddad's hotel and go swimming. 
The water was pretty chilly, but they still had fun.
 While we played at the pool, Finley and Auntie Em took a little nap.
 Later in the day on Saturday, the weather was perfect so we headed over to Uncle Don's brother's house and swam at his pool.  He has an amazing property, great pool and just so pretty!  Finley loved chasing around the dogs :)

 Cole had a lot of fun playing around in the water too.  They had a spiderman swim jacket for him and he thought that was the coolest thing ever!

 Cole even crashed the hot tub party on the young-ins :)
 Cheeeese!!!  Someone got into the chocolate cookies!
 After we were done swimming and went back to Don and Mary's house, we got the kids cleaned up, put to bed then we sat outside and relaxed.  We made a bonfire, drank yummy drinks and also watched Nick and Alex play a game of basketball.  It's a terribly dark picture but Nick is way over on the left side, making a shot :)  Not quite sure who won but Nick was definitely sore the next day!

Sunday morning, we got everything packed up and we headed back to Minneapolis.  We were flying out the next day but wanted to spend a little time in the cities before we left.  Tracy had gotten us tickets to go see the Twins play Sunday afternoon.  Nick is a huge Twins fan so he was excited to have Cole experience a game with him.  Tracy stayed behind with Finley and Granddad, Auntie Em, Cole, Nick and I headed to the game.  Our hotel was walking distance to the stadium so it was nice to not have to worry about parking.
My two boys.....love them!
Granddad and Cole

 After a few trips to get food and a new hat and baseball bat, by the time we knew it, the game was over and we were all surprised that Cole made it the whole game!  I think he had fun because he keeps talking about the baseball game we went to and how he wants to go again.  It was a great afternoon, followed by dinner at a wonderful Pub.  Minneapolis did not disappoint!

The next morning we hit up the Mall of America pretty early because we had to catch a 1:00 flight back to DFW.  We didn't get to spend a lot of time at the mall but we did have fun with the little time we had.

 We took Cole on a Dora school bus ride and he had a blast!  This is me and Cole way up high!!!
 Granddad and Nick took the kiddos on the merry-go-round.  Going around in circles like that is not something I enjoy so we sent the guys on with them.  I'm pretty sure this was Finley's first time on anything like this.

It was sad to leave our little trip but as always it's nice to get back into our own beds.  I know the kids had so much fun and they were great little travelers as usual.  As much fun as it is traveling with the kiddos, Nick and I are definitely ready to have our own little vacation next weekend!  We head to Vegas for 3 nights and we can't wait.  It will be nice to actually sit on a flight, just the two of us and not worry about keeping two monkey's entertained the whole time.

No comments: