Home

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Our First Swim!

With this past weekend being my last weekend before school started, we thought it would be fun to finally take Cole to our pool. I had heard that it's best if you can wait till they are at least 6 months for a couple reasons: 1. babies can't control their own body temperature before then and if the water is too cold, that isn't good on their little bodies. 2. Using sunscreen before 6 months is recommended either....so that is why I have put it off.
However, we all had a blast, Cole didn't really know what to think about it but started to enjoy it more and more towards the end. Auntie Emily and Blake came up and went with us and it really was a lot of fun. We are definitely looking forward to more trips to the pool. ALTHOUGH, I was just informed by my friend Amanda that the blow-up crab that we had him in was recalled this summer. Awesome! Apparently there were some infant drownings. Um, do parents not watch their children? I mean, I hardly took my eyes off him and always made sure someone was right next to him. Oh well, guess we'll take it back and try to find a different one.
Here are some pictures and also a video of him babbling while playing with Nick in the pool.


No comments: