Home

Monday, August 31, 2009

Never thought this day would come!!!!

It only took 7 months, but Cole has officially slept COMPLETELY through the night for 2 nights straight. Up until this past month, I would normally go in a give him a quick feed right before I would go to bed to just "top him off", and we finally took that feeding out. He did great without it and would wake up at the same time with or without that feeding. He has consistently been waking up at 4:00am for the past month or so and I would go feed him for a few minutes and then he'd go back to bed till about 7:00am. Not a bad sleep schedule, but I wondered when he would sleep completely through the night.
So this weekend Nick's parents were in town and they completely wore him out because he slept from 7:30pm-7:30am and hardly moved. I thought the first night it happend that maybe it was just a fluke thing, that knowing my luck it wouldn't happen again, but sure enough it did!!! It's pretty exciting....it's funny because I remember thinking back to when he was about 3-4 months old and hearing ALL my friends talk about how their babies were sleeping through the night and I was so distraught because I thought Cole was the only one not doing the same. I remember thinking that "I will never get a good nights sleep, ever again!!" Haha!!! When everyone kept telling me that, "things will get better", I seriously never believed them. Well, my time has come and I am SO excited. Hopefully it lasts though, but if not, oh well....he's still the cutest thing ever!

No comments: