1. Read more: I have so many good books that just keep stacking up in my room that I NEED to start reading. Now that I have read all the "Help me be a better parent" books and I sort of have a good handle on this parenting thing, I really want to start reading for pleasure now. Some books that I really want to get through are:
- Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult
- Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult
- Kidnapped by Dee Henderson
2. Get Nick to read a book: Yes, "A" book....in the almost 9 years we have been together, Nick has yet to read a book for fun! Crazy! He has read tons of computer books, but it's my goal to get him to read a book and enjoy it. He says that as soon as he starts reading, he falls right to sleep....which leads me into my next resolution....
3. Quit Watching TV before we go to bed/Possibly get the TV out of our room: Over this past summer, I was on the road/vacation so much and never had a TV to help me get to sleep, and I just got used to that silence and really enjoyed not having the TV on. However, Nick says that he can't fall asleep if the TV is off. SO....this is why I want him to start reading. He says that reading puts him to sleep right?....so this works perfectly, he reads, falls asleep and we don't have to have the TV on! Now I just need to find a book that he might like. Hmmmm.....
4. Don't let the TV be my babysitter: Now, sometimes turning on Baby Einstein is necessary while trying to juggle a pot of boiling water and you don't want your child at your feet playing with the tupperwear, so it's probably in everyone's best interest to get him out of the kitchen and distracted with something else. However, I've always been so used to coming home from school, turning the TV on and keeping it on (mostly just for background noise) till we go to bed. I really want to try to do more outings or just play more with Cole. I don't want him to get used to having the TV on. A friend of mine that teaches kindergarten said that she can tell withing the first few minutes which kids watch a lot of tv and which ones don't. I feel like kids don't "play" as much these days, with all the video games and things on the computer and TV's. I want Cole to experience being a kid and just play.
5. Church: I want to get more involved at church. I don't want to just go on Sunday's and call it good. I really want to get involved with a small group. My brother and sister-in-law got a group of couples together and have a small group Bible study a couple times a month and I would love to do something like that.
6. Be Healthier in general: Now that Cole is on table foods and eating pretty much everything we eat, I need to start eating like how I feed Cole. I try to feed him mostly organic, whole foods...so why is Cole eating Chicken, broccoli, tofu, and beans, and Nick and I are eating store-bought pizza!?! We need to be eating what Cole's eating!
7. Stay with Dave: Nick and I started the Dave Ramsey plan awhile back and we've done great so far! It definitely has not been easy, but when we are completely debt free (besides our house) this coming year, it will be so worth it! Cashiers always look at me funny when I pull out my envelopes and pay for our $170 grocery bill with cash..ha! It works for us and we need to make sure we continue on with it. Our goal is that by the time baby #2 comes along, I will be able to stay home and not work.
8. Be a better Wife: Nick and I need to go on more dates! The first half of Cole's life, I just didn't feel comfortable leaving him, especially at night and having other people put him to bed. Probably b/c he's never been the greatest sleeper. But now....he's so easy to put to bed and is pretty easy to handle now. So...bring on the dates! Side note: Nick won a couple of his fantasy football leagues and won A LOT of $$$$....so I told him he has to take me to the Melting Pot, My fav!!!!!
9. Be more creative: With meals, decorating our house, adventures, projects....this is coming from a girl that doesn't have a creative bone in her body!
10. Pay more attention to our puppies: I knew this would happen...baby comes, dogs go to back burner. They are just starving for attention and I feel so bad when they look at me with those cute eyes and just want some love. We need to walk them more and love on them more!