Home

Monday, October 25, 2010

Our Looooong weekend without Dad

Cole and I got to spend LOTS of quality time together this weekend! :) Nick left Friday morning with Blake and his friend Chris to Green Bay for the Packers/Vikings game. His parents were both meeting them up there along with seeing lots of uncles and aunts and grandparents.
I don't want to say I was dreading this weekend, but honestly....I was. Literally, anybody that I would say, "come over and hang out with me" was out of town and normally it wouldn't be a big deal, but I really have not been feeling the greatest and when you are in charge of a toddler all by yourself with nobody to rescue you for awhile...it gets tiring! I even tried to get my mom to make a last minute flight but they had stuff going on.
I guess after whimpering to a few people here and there, I had lots of offers to hang out or to have help with Cole. Friday night I met up with some friends for dinner. Luckily they picked a deli so I could get a baked potato! Eric and Anissa have a little girl Landry who is close to Cole's age so they got to play as well. We all then went to our girls Volleyball game for awhile.
Saturday, our great friends Beau and Stacey said they were going to come kidnap Cole for the afternoon and take him to a Barktoberfest that our town was putting on and then they would take him to their house for awhile. SWEET!!!!! I knew it would be great experience for Beau and Stacey since they now have a 4 month old baby, they could get the true toddler experience. HOWEVER....right around the time they were supposed to come pick him up, we had crazy thunderstorms and tornadoes in the area so we decided it was probably smart if they didn't drive and just stayed home. Oh well, I was just so appreciative of their offer! So Beau and Stacey, anytime you want to steal our child is fine with us! ha!
After the storms left the area, Cole and I headed back over to Eric and Anissa's house. I had told them that I would watch Landry that night so they could go out on a date. Plus, it gave Cole something to do besides play with mom all day. They had so many fun toys and Cole was in heaven....especially because they had the coolest kitchen set!
Here are Cole and Landry playing in the play room....she was so good with sharing her toys!
Cole also found this cool PINK tricycle :)
They also watched some Elmo and Clifford
And part of their first day, they shared some milk and cheerios
One thing that I am super jealous of, is that little Landry will just sit in your lap and cuddle for the longest time with you. I have no idea what that is like because my child won't stop long enough to let me hold him. Landry finally fell asleep while I was holding her and is this not the sweetest thing ever!!!
I finally put Landry into bed after soaking up some cuddle time and of course Cole was still running around like a crazy man! That boy does not stop till we put him in his crib! We didn't leave their house till close to 10pm and I thought for sure he would fall asleep in the car on the way home, but nope!!! Again, he won't fall asleep till he is in his bed! At least he was in a good mood the whole time!
Sunday I had to work in the church nursery so we spent the morning at church and Cole loves that as usual. We spent the rest of the day at home and just hung out. Now, we are ready for Nick to get home because we miss him! Yay, he comes home tonight!!!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I'm so sorry it didn't work out! We will steal him from you soon!