Home

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

35 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights
 
(Oh my gosh, this picture is HORRIBLE, I look gigantic!!)


How Far Along: 35 weeks and 1 day

Size of Baby: Probably a little over 6lbs now and 18 inches long

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 20lbs....which I know isn't a lot, but it's scary when you've never seen the scale get that high!!!

Maternity Clothes: All pants and shorts are maternity, but sometimes I can wear regular shirts if they are long enough and some of my dresses are regular. I was in a bit of a dilemma because I really only had cold-weather maternity clothes but the weather sure has been warming up here and on the weekends, I literally had NOTHING to wear!! Thank God for good friends! A friend from work brought me all her shorts and tank tops and I was so excited!!!

Gender: Still a surprise! From the looks of the poll on my blog, it seems as though most everyone thinks it's a boy. Honestly, deep down, I'm kinda thinking boy too! :)

Movements: Funny story...last night Nick and I were sitting on the couch watching House and the baby was going ca-razy!!! Nick was watching and he got so weirded out, knowing that there is a live human being in there, that he stood up and kinda did a funny shake/dance-type thing because apparently it gave him the willies and said, "how can you not be weirded out by that, or even sleep for that matter?". Um Nick....this is not something new, we've been through this before!! Silly goose!!

Sleep: Usually sleeping pretty good, just having bizarre dreams! Last night, I dreamed I played basketball for the Baylor Womens team, ha!

What I Miss: Bending over more gracefully....if you are standing behind me and I have to bend over, watch out!!! It's not pretty! Also, still missing ice cream!

Cravings: Besides ice cream, nothing really

Symptoms: Ok, this is the mom coming out in me to all those teenage girls wanting to get their belly buttons pierced. DON'T DO IT!!! I had mine pierced the first part of college but took it out when I started rowing b/c it kept getting infected. As most girls, I still have a slight scar from the piercing. When I was pregnant with Cole, at the very end of the pregnancy, I started getting 2 itty bitty stretch marks coming off my scar. However, this pregnancy.....those 2 itty bitty stretch marks have gotten bigger and bigger, not pretty!!! What sucks even more, is that it's right in the middle of my tummy where you can't hide them. Sucks! So, I'm blaming my piercing scar on this one!

Best Moment of the Week: I started to get a few things packed in my hospital bag and that made me realize how close it is. With not knowing the gender, it is kind of hard packing stuff for the baby because I don't want to do the typical green/yellow gender neutral outfits. So....I decided that I will pack some for each gender. Obviously I have boy newborn clothes but when I was at the consignment sale last week, I decided to buy one set of girl newborn clothes. They looked almost brand new and I think I paid $3 for them and if I end up not needing them, I can always hand them over to someone else. Then yesterday, I was going through all my crafty stuff and saw that I had ribbon that would match the outfits I got so I even went as far as to make a matching bow. Ok, it took me like 3 minutes to make the bow, so it's not like I slaved over it for hours. And again, if not needed...then someone else can have fun with the cute outfit and bow!!
Ok, yes, I realize I totally contradicted myself, saying how I didn't want to do the whole yellow/green gender-neutral stuff but look at the colors I picked out for a girl outfit...oops! :)

Update: So I wrote this post yesterday but didn't post it yet. Since then things have gotten a little interesting. I've said recently that I've been having lots of pressure but last night it was so bad that I literally couldn't even walk. I hardly slept because it hurt to move any part of my body. So this morning I had to go to the hospital to be monitored for awhile. I'm not dilated at all (which is GOOD) but he said the head is so extremely low that I need to take it very easy the next few weeks. He said I need to pretty much be on bedrest, but without technically putting me on bedrest. Make sense?? Well, it doesn't to me. Not really sure how to do that with teaching high schoolers and then coming home to a 2 year old. Guess we'll have to figure that one out soon! :)

1 comment:

yorkie poos for sale said...

They looked almost brand new and I think I paid $3 for them and if I end up not needing them, I can always hand them over to someone else.