Home

Thursday, January 26, 2012

24

We had our first ever stomach bug in the Seeman household this week. Yes, in the 3 years of being a parent, we have never had any stomach issues (God knows I can't handle it...haha). Tuesday morning Cole came into my room around 7am crying and before I could even open my eyes and realize it was morning, I was being thrown up on. For as much as I HATE throw up and it being my biggest phobia ever (I seriously think I need therapy for this), I actually handled myself quite well. I was a little frantic though because of course as this is going on and trying to get Cole cleaned up, the carpet, making sure the dogs stay away from the mess, of course Finley wakes up at this time too. I called Nick but he was already close to work and couldn't come home. Cole was acting pretty normal at this point so I thought maybe it was just a fluke thing. I plopped him in the couch and told him to stay put.
Benson knew he wasn't feeling good :(
I called my mom and as we were chatting, Cole got sick again so I knew he definitely was sick. I did all I could think of....call Gigi. Thank GOD she was home and didn't have anything going on because she was a life saver. She brought pedialyte, crackers, popsicles and lots of Gigi love :) Of course as the day went on he got sick a few more times and his energy was sucked out of him like crazy. I honestly don't know how I would have done it by myself because it seemed like Finley was always in need of something while Cole would be getting sick. Plus, trying to keep Finley away from Cole took some work.
Luckily he slept pretty well that night and woke up feeling much better the next morning. It's crazy because literally 24 hours after he got sick, he was acting like his normal crazy self. He didn't have much of an appetite yesterday still but was feeling much better! He even got some work done on his laptop :)
I was supposed to take Finley to get a shot yesterday morning, even got her out in the pouring rain to show up and them told me that because big brother was sick that her getting a shot and compromising her immune system would not be a good idea. Well, I was fine with that, I guess :) So we will wait another few weeks till her 9 month appointment. Tracy stayed with us yesterday as well, so I could take Finley to her appointment and just in case Cole started to not feel well again. Again, she was such a HUGE help and I don't know how I would have survived the last two days by myself.
Unfortunately it's been raining like crazy here the last couple days so I am getting cabin fever BAD!! Like, I think I might go crazy today :) I definitely need a break from being a mom!! :) Hopefully the sun comes out this afternoon so we can at least get outside for awhile. However, I am just so thankful that his sickness didn't last long and I'm still praying that Finley doesn't get anything. I'm sure she will be fine!

On a more fun note, over the last couple days, Finley has been starting this "stinky face" thing and it's so funny because Nick used to do the same thing as a baby.
This is a video of Finley doing her stinky face and the picture below is of Nick doing the same thing.


No comments: