Home

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sleep Over

This weekend was pretty crazy busy! Friday, Cole and I got to hang out at home most of the day and we got a chance to just play and relax. I feel like during the week we are on the go so much that I haven't had much time to just hang out and do nothing. So, what happens when we are stuck at home with not much to do??? We climb on everything, under everything....oh, and get stuck! ha! This first picture is kind of hard to see, but Cole climbed under our bed. Not really sure why, but he thought it was pretty funny.

Now he's trying to figure out how to get out from under the bed. I guess he figures that the dogs do it all the time, so why can't he?
Ahhhh....there he is! You made it Cole!
Friday evening, we were having a sleep over with our Young Lives girls, but before we did that, we enjoyed a great dinner then we went rock climbing! Even though I'm from Colorado, I really haven't done too much rock climbing so I was definitely a beginner! It's also funny how when you get to be a bit older, you start to become more chicken....like I all of a sudden was a little afraid of heights! I've never been before in my life, however, it also may have been the fact that none of us girls had ever climbed or been the anchor at the bottom so I was having to completely trust my girl at the bottom not to drop me. :)
We definitely had a blast though!

This is a picture of Lucy and Lupe, two of our teen moms....sweet girls!

After we rock climbed, we went back to Casey's house and stayed the night there. We ate junk food, talked, played games and acted silly. It was great to spend this time with the girls and get to know them even more!

Saturday morning, we fixed the girls breakfast and then we all went and got pedicures! How fun is that? The girls were so appreciative as they had never had pedicures before.

Now, while us girls were enjoying a night away from the kiddos.....our sweet husbands agreed to watch the kids at our house (next door). It actually worked out great because Lucy's little guy Jayden was the only baby that needed babysitting, so between Nick and Ryan, they only had to watch Cole, Lexie and Jayden. Jayden is only 7 months old and is truly such a sweet baby!!! Is this not the sweetest face ever??

Nick had Jayden sleep in our bedroom with him and Nick said he woke up a couple times during the night but would go right back to sleep as soon as he would pick him up. Ryan and Nick agreed that Jayden was actually the easiest to take care of between the three kids.

After everyone left to go home Saturday afternoon, I was really wanting to go with Emily while she tried some wedding dresses on. However, I felt really bad sticking Nick with all the kids for 2 days, then taking off again to go with Emily, but he was totally understanding and said I should definitely go. So, after a few hours of dress shopping, Emily definitely found some great dresses! I can't wait to see which one she decides on. Of course they all looked good on her! :)

Again....great weekend, and this week we have my parents coming into town so we are definitely excited about that! I'm sure we will keep very busy and I'll try not to think too much about the fact that I have to return to work next week....boohoo!!! :) Although, I guess I can't be too upset about it because I will only be working from 7:45-11:30!!! Not bad at all!

No comments: