Home

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

This weekend, celebrating Mother's Day and also knowing this will be our last weekend as a family of 3 was kind of bittersweet. Don't get me wrong, it was a fantastic, productive and fun weekend but I am getting a little sad that Cole will no longer be the only child. His world is about to be rocked! :)
Friday afternoon I was greeted with this silly picture of Cole while at Ms. Jen's. I love that she sends me pictures during the day, especially when they are goofy ones!

 
Later in the day on Friday, Cole helped me make some Cake Pops to take over to Beau and Stacey's house. It was our first time making them and they actually turned out pretty good. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of the final product, but they were super cute!

Cole enjoyed helping me make the pops....his mouth was stained red from the red velvet cake batter :)


We enjoyed a night at Beau and Stacey's but didn't get home till about 10:00pm and at that point Cole was pretty wound up. One thing about our child is that when he gets tired, he does not get grumpy or crabby, he's gets CRAZY! So getting him to bed when we got home was an adventure. He then woke up at his normal time, ugh...why can't they sleep in when they go to bed late?

Saturday consisted of us doing things around the house, running errands, taking long naps and we actually went out to dinner, just the 3 of us. It was kinda nice going out with just our little family because we never do that.
And again, Cole is still loving all the baby gear around the house. I think he sat in this baby seat most of yesterday.
 
He also is loving the bumbo chair. It's funny because when he was 6 months old, his legs didn't fit in the bumbo seat, but over 1.5 years later, his legs still fit in it. He sure was one chunky monkey! Here is a picture of him when he was around 6 months, it's not the best picture, but you can see how fat his thighs were. Love it!


 
Sunday, we woke up, Nick and Cole gave me their presents which were some really cute James Avery necklace pendants and then we headed to church. The rest of the day, Nick completed a lot of projects around the house. I tried to help as much as I could but had to take quite a few sitting breaks. :) He washed both cars, mowed the lawn, painted a shelf and helped me pick up the house because we are getting the house cleaned today. I really appreciated Nick helping me with all these chores, it truly was a great Mother's Day!

Sunday evening we met up with Nick's family for a lovely dinner at The Keg. The food was amazing and we even got a picture of the three of us. This may be one of our last pictures of just the 3 of us...and no, Nick and I did not plan our purple outfits, I think Nick copied me :)

I am truly blessed with such an amazing family and couldn't ask for more. Thanks Nick and Cole for making my weekend so special!

No comments: