Home

Friday, February 10, 2012

Our Love Story

Today, I'm linking up with Mrs. Mama for a fun Love Story. Here is mine and Nick's story!
1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
Nick and I have been together for almost 11 years.

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
My freshman year at Baylor I joined the rowing team. Nick was one of the coaches and I had a massive crush on him. After admiring him from afar for several months, we started hanging out and eventually started dating :)

These are the girls I rowed with Nick is with us. Don't we look like a bunch of babies? ha!
Spring 2003
3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
We have been married 6 years. December 30, 2005

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?
I am originally from Colorado so naturally I wanted to get married there with all our friends and family. I am very much a traditionalist so the big traditional wedding is what we did! I have a gigantic family so we had about 300 guests at our wedding. We were so thrilled that almost everyone from Nick's family came from all over the country too! We couldn't have been more thrilled that everyone made the trip!
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Actually we don't....I'm not really into that :)

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He is such a hard worker, he is a great provider!
He is a private person...but in a good way. I trust him more than anyone I know!
He is the most un-selfish person. He is always thinking of others before himself.

7. Tell us how he proposed?
I had actually planned a trip for us and both our parents to go to Vegas over Spring Break in March 2005. We are so lucky that our parents like to vacation together :) So, I did most of the planning and got everyone on board and behind the scenes Nick was planning our engagement. I mean, I knew that "hopefully" in the near future we would get engaged since we had been dating for 5 years but we had not talked about it, Nick is pretty tight-lipped about stuff like that.
Anyway, we all flew out to Vegas and Nick had a limo pick us up from the airport. We drove down the strip and next thing I know, Nick is on his knee asking me to marry him. Of course, me being the traditionalist, my first response was "did you ask my dad?". ha! But of course I said yes to him. :)
We met up with our parents after
the proposal and of course everyone knew except for me. We celebrated at one of our favorite restaurants and had the best trip after that!!!
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Definitely strawberries and champagne guy! Before we had kids, we always did fondue, champagne and strawberries for Valentines Day. Maybe we'll do that again this year....after the kids go to bed :)

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Well normally just a movie, relax type of girl....but who doesn't enjoy a nice dinner on the beach every once in awhile???

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
At this point in our lives, I am just looking forward to when we can go on a little vacation KID-FREE!!! I don't like being away from them for too long but just a few days...anywhere :) We are actually going to Vegas in June and cannot wait!
Buuuut, if I had to choose one place, we'd love to go to Tahiti, Bora Bora...something like that! But honestly, I'm kinda afraid to go that far away from the kiddos :)

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
We are going on a date this weekend since VDay is on a Tuesday. But on the actual day, probably nothing fabulous, maybe just our fondue night.

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Nope, Nick is lucky that I'm not much into presents. I'd rather just spend time together.

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
It is very hard this season of life, but keeping Nick my #1 priority is important! Again, with kids hanging on you constantly, always needing something, it's hard...but we try to always make time for each other.
Always being his #1 fan and telling him how much I appreciate what he does for our family. Men like to feel appreciated and needed :)

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
This has always been one of my favorite pictures. It was before Finley was born but it just melts my heart. I especially love the licorice :)

No comments: