Sunday, June 6, 2010

Crazy weekend

Saturday afternoon, Nick and I headed out with Ryan and Casey to Bub's annual crawfish boil. I think, by far, Bub makes the best crawfish and we all leave there with our mouths on FIRE!!
We were lucky that Dennis and Tracy came up and watched both Cole and Lexie. We knew they would have their hands full, but knew they would have a great time!
On our way to Ft. Worth....Casey is excited to eat crawfish!
Buuuuttt....not as excited as me!
I think I made it about 5 minutes before I had stuff spilled all down the front of my top. If anyone knows me, I am not the most graceful person and I seem to always end up with some of my meal on my shirt.

Here is a picture of Bub with Ryan and Casey. He is the great cook! Literally, the first batch of crawfish was so hot, that some of the most veteran crawfish eaters couldn't stand some of it.
My sweet husband Nick already has some big lips, and I swear after he walked away from the table, they were even more swollen from how spicy they were...haha!
Me and Ryan
Ryan and Nick....already on round 2
Nice Ryan...but sick at the same time :)
As the night went on....things got a little silly :)
Me and the hubs, I think his cheeks were full of food in this picture :)
And....on to round 3. Yeah, we were there for several hours
And this is how Nick felt after round 3. I don't think he moved from his chair for an hour because he was so full.
We really had a great night and it was nice to get out without the kiddos, as much as we missed them.

Sunday, Nick and I took Cole to the pool. He still isn't too crazy about being in the water but I'm hoping that he gets used to it as he starts swim lessons in a couple weeks. He didn't last very long till he was telling us "all done". As we were getting everything packed up, he was standing next to a lawn chair and fell and hit his eye right on the chair. He didn't cry too terribly bad, but when we got home we noticed he had a nice little shiner. We tried putting ice on it, but he wanted nothing to do with that. He was tired and hungry and sitting still so we could put ice on his face...yeah right!
Needless to say, he took a 3 hour nap and woke up in a great mood
These pictures aren't the greatest because they were taken with my phone, but you can still see the red on the side and some under the eye. Poor guy!

This is about to be a crazy week for me, but THANK GOD it is my last week of school. Like I've said before, it's super depressing because our school district is literally the only district in session this week. Grrrr. Tomorrow I got to Six Flags with the seniors for senior day and on top of being with about 420 teenagers, it's going to be about 100 degrees. Usually I so look forward to Six Flags, but not in this heat! Then we have the end of the year stuff to deal with, and then next weekend we have company coming in town for our annual crawfish boil. Of course Bub is coming to cook for us so it will be gooood! Looking forward to some good times with great friends and family!

No comments: