Home

Monday, June 21, 2010

Sad day for Momma...

I know Cole has needed a haircut for a couple reasons lately.
1. When we were going through security at the airport, the security lady said to me (referring to Cole), "she was looking at me and is so cute". Um really lady!?! He had BLUE pajamas on!!! Don't worry, I did change him once we went through security into regular clothes. I mean, I'm not just saying this because he's my son, but I really don't think he even looks anything close to a girl!
2. At the zoo today, his head and neck were way super hot, making him cranky
3. I feel like I constantly have to wash his hair because he always runs his fingers through his hair when he eats and food gets stuck in it. If he had less hair, it probably wouldn't be as big of a problem.
So, today my mom gave Cole haircut #200...not really, but probably #6. I'm not sure why this one was so hard for me, probably because Cole has the nicest curly locks and probably deep down I'm jealous of his curls.
Here are a few before pictures
Look at those cute curls!!!! They really aren't AS curly here in Colorado as they are in Texas. When we are at home in Texas, they are the tightest little curls...so cute!
With Cole being almost 17 months and a lot more active, we have to get creative with keeping him entertained while sharp objects are in his face. So, we bought some licorice and that seemed to work pretty well. He's never really had candy before and I don't want to make a habit out of it, but for stuff like this, you gotta do whatever is needed!
What a cheeseball!!!

AND......here is the final product!!! It's still over his ears a little bit, but I still miss those longer locks. :( It really is a cute cut and my mom did a great job, even though she had to dance around a very active toddler. My dad was also very happy to see the shorter hair. :)

Earlier this morning, we went to the Denver Zoo. Pretty sure I had lived in Colorado for 18 plus years and never once been to the zoo. We knew Cole and Cameron probably wouldn't really know what's going on, but it was still fun for us adults. Cole was pretty cranky the first part of the trip and wanted me to hold him the entire time, but after 30 minutes and my back killing me, he had to just cry because he didn't want anyone but momma. Sorry Cole!
We finally filled his belly and then he seemed to really enjoy the rest of the day.

Here is Ryan with his sweet baby girl.
Me and Cole looking at the giraffes.
I think the highlight of Cole's day was the merry-go-round at the end of the day. He really enjoyed it and would giggle when he would see us. My parents had to take him because I get nauseous just watching them...ha!
Overall it was a very fun filled day and again, the weather was awesome! I also just keep telling myself that it took Cole's hair about 2 months to get to the length before his cut, so if I really do miss those locks, he can always grow it out. It might just take some getting used to for me. :) He's still super cute though! :)

No comments: